Saturday, May 9, 2009

Project Runway casting in Seattle

Well, yesterday was simply a BLAST! Project Runway invited me to be a panel judge for their northwest (Seattle) auditions. I didn't want to blog about it until afterward...so here it is.

Can I just say that Tim Gunn, Zanna Roberts (Marie Claire senior fashion editor), the entire Project Runway crew/producers and the Lifetime executives couldn't have been more gracious and kind and FUN!! We had a great time and saw a few very talented local designers as well as some that needed, dare I say, a bit more time to develop. I got to re-live a bit of my "past life" when I worked in the fashion industry in NYC/LA and it felt great.

Fashion is not just my career, it is a true passion for me. I love every aspect of the industry and have had the opportunity to work in most segments of it from manufacturing and design to sales/PR. Fashion is a multi billion dollar global industry that employs millions of people worldwide. It allows us to express our creativity, our mood, our intellect, our confidence, our beauty inside and out....it is not inconsequential or superfluous. What we wear is a part of how we define ourselves and how the world percieves us.

Whoa...didn't mean to go on a rant...sorry :-)

Anyway, thanks to all involved yesterday. Again, it was great fun. -P